• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to do a masking if your mask is overlapping another item that needs to be seen?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine two moving objects side by side that required masking, and they are both moving up and down taking on each others paths when you switch the direction of the movement.

The problem is that the masking of one item will always seems to overlap on top of other item that is right next to it. 

So, how could you have red and blue move up and down next to each other without having their masks hide the color right next to them? 

Could something like that be done quickly?  Or would it require a frame by frame trigger?   

Check this video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Joz-Pc7b1Bc

TOPICS
How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can put a link to the file too, but don't know if it would be needed for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the eyeball for the white mask layer for your red shape. I *think* masks do not need to be visible. If that does not work, can talk about other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

I will try that, but I am going to skip it for this particular project.

The project is only 10 min long, and its taking me forever, but I am mostly done with it. 

When I got try to change something in the file and/or change something in the CH program for some unrelated item,  then I go find out that something else that was working OK is not longer working properly.

So, for now I will skip it on this project and put it on the next one.

Even when I might have done some mistakes on the project it seems to me that I might be dealing with bugs, and if they are not bugs it surely look like bugs the way they behave. 

I will post a video of the last 2 problems I have with this project and how I think I am going to fix it. 

The movement of the two masks side by side is something I still want to do, but I don't want to risk messing something else on the project and have to go at it and fix it again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines