• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of my puppet's elastic feet while walking?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am right now working on my first character; I am already past the designing and basic rigging stage. While it has been a smooth ride till now (thanks to the Okay Samurai tutorials), I am stuck on the walking phase. I am unable to understand why my puppet has ended up with elastic feet that streches in and out while walking. I have attached a short video. 

Need help as I have no plans to make big foot videos (bad joke intended)!

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Fewer handles sometimes gives you better results. Try removing the handles for the toes and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RandomIndianWoman_0-1644444896570.png

I guess the tags are correct! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fewer handles sometimes gives you better results. Try removing the handles for the toes and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input, she just got rid of the bigfeet! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue (and I'm also bingeing Okay Samurai's tutorials) it was solved when I tagged the hips, waist, and shoulders on the overall body layer and not on the individual arms and legs, and had all the joints, etc, tagged on each individual limb. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing Toe handles worked for me. Although, she somehow started running instead of walking, but I think I can fix that by playing with settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines