• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to light your Face for webcam

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wear glasses and have trouble with various eye movements etc. Any advice on how best to light my face for the webcam? 

Also, I have a Beard and Long Hair, these all give me problems. Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wear glasses, which can hinder pupil and eyebrow tracking. I tend to disarm everything except what I am concentrating on. So I'll do a pass that focuses on the arms. Or a pass that focuses on the face. When it comes to the eyes, I prefer setting the controls to use keys or to follow the mouse, giving me more control over those. I havn't experienced any issues due to beard or hair. I'd suggest tying your hair back and getting as much light on your face to help the tracking dots. Our puppets favour trigger controls over the 'smile' and 'surprised' expression tracking - so perhaps build your puppet with triggers rather than tracking. Hope that is of some help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have a full beard and noticed that it tracks better when I trim my moustache so the webcam can see the edges of my lips completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines