Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make my puppet walk normally?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have created a puppet and added the walk and head turn behaviours on it.

However, the walk behaviour does not work properly.

First, the head of the puppet cannot stick to the body while it is walking.

Secondly, the puppet cannot walk normally as the following picture:

Could anyone give any ideas to solve these problems?

Here is the link to download my puppet.

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

I assume you have seen this video? It shows profiles as well (towards the end)  Walking (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jotting down notes as I go.

• First, you have the Walk behavior on Helloman/right_profile/Body - I removed it and added it to the root of the puppet. That is why the body would move but not the head.
  • Next, call the profiles "Left Profile" and "Right Profile" (spaces, not underscores). They did not tag with the profile names so the walk behavior did not notice them.
  • Rename "fontal" to "Frontal" as well (missing 'r' so also not tagged)
  • Helloman/left_profile/left_profile should be renamed to be /body at the end.
  • Helloman/fontal/body/frontal I think should be named /body as well, and the hierarchy cleaned up
  • All the "attach to" of independent layers should be set to "Auto", not a parent layer name. You then need to attach the arms and legs to the bodies
  • I think you have too many independent layers around the place

But having done all that, I still have not got it going. The problem is the walk behavior is finding all the child layers for profiles, not just the parent layers. I will keep going a bit longer, but posting this as an update in case you want to start on the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the bit that is confusing me at the moment.

The walk behavior is picking up all the nested levels too... and I am not sure why!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume you have seen this video? It shows profiles as well (towards the end)  Walking (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines