• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make shoulders move along with head? (see attachment)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

How do I make sure that the shoulders line up with the head group no matter how the head moves up/down/left/right? Please have a look at the attached images to understand the issue I am having. 

Thanks for help!

Andreas

TOPICS
How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Are the arms independent and attached with the weld attach style to the torso? If so they shouldn't disconnect. See Chloe on the CH home page as an example of how we set arms up normally. If it's set to weld the arms should feel like they're welded to the torso at their origin, which we advise to put at the shoulders. The fixed handle trick you're using is great for helping to pin down corners more. Most times I make my arms have a little extra rounded overlap area so there's not a straight edge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anybody is following this, I could remove the glitch during horizontal head movement by adding 2 fixed handles on each shoulder. Still won't fix the 'dislocation' during vertical movement, so for now vertical head movement is off the table for this character.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the arms independent and attached with the weld attach style to the torso? If so they shouldn't disconnect. See Chloe on the CH home page as an example of how we set arms up normally. If it's set to weld the arms should feel like they're welded to the torso at their origin, which we advise to put at the shoulders. The fixed handle trick you're using is great for helping to pin down corners more. Most times I make my arms have a little extra rounded overlap area so there's not a straight edge sticking out on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your tips, I will check and try that! I kind of got it to work, but always trying to make things move as smoothly and naturally as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines