• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to put the Ai puppet into Character animator

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In May I followed the steps to creat a puppet in animator using artwork from illustrator. I have not had a chance to come back to it until now. I can access the puppet in illustrator however, I don't know how to open it in animator. Can someone walk me through this please? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The illustrator file is the artwork for the puppet, not the full puppet. Puppets are stored inside a ch project - so if you had all the rigging etc done, you need to find that project.  You can export a puppet to share with someone else via Export Puppet in the menus and create a .puppet file which includes the artwork and rigging data. The other project can then import the puppet. But you don't edit a .puppet file, they are stored inside a project.

If you cannot find the project or a .puppets file, you will need to import the ai file into ch again and do all the rigging again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have been looking through the files and I am not finding it. I was able to import the ai artwork into the ch but like you stated earlier the rigging is not there. Another question, how do you delete projects that you are mistakes or that you are done with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A project is stored in a directory of files on disk. I just delete the directory - but this will delete the puppets in the project too. If you want to keep them, export the puppet files somewhere safe first.

The .chproj file is zero length. When you double click it, ch looks at the directory the file is stored in and finds the rest of the project in the same directory as the .chproj file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines