• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to rig body turns

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created head turns on my character. I need the character to do a quarter turn as well. Should I build seperate puppets with a quarter turn or in same puppet. How do you do body turns in a puppet? Is that possible? I want a perspectives to have my same head turns. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new body tracking system supports body turns like you describe. The bad news is that they have to be done in exactly the same manner as the head turns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out 39:43 of this video, which goes into detail about how to set this up: https://youtu.be/gWBLAcTWH5Q?t=2383

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll check it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Dave. If you set up frontal, right and left quarter bodies can you control by keyboard or triggers as opposed to using the body tracker camera? Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep! If you didn't include the head & body turner and just put those poses into a swap set, you could trigger them manually instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines