• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to share an animation (CA) and edit (Premiere) with another editor on an individual plan?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to start a project that will use Character Animator, AE and Premiere. I am looking to buy an Individual plan rather than a Team plan. I will do 80% of the work but want to hire a couple of freelancers in another country to do some specific clean-up and edit work. They each have their own licensees. My question is (having not yet used CC) is how do I share my ≈ 60 minutes long, potentially large GB file/project with other licensed users? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that depends on what "edit" and "clean up work" means. For example, if they are just improving the puppets (artwork, rigging, etc) that is a very different amount of information than sharing the project with scenes etc. Or if you are sharing short video clips that you assemble into a project with Prem Pro at the end, that is different than rendering (and re-rendering) a single file afterwards.

You also have the challenge of merging the work from different people if working in parallel. If they are in separate "projects" and you just share the puppet between them, then you just have to merge the MP4 files at the end, which is much easier.

My suggestions:

• Share puppets, not projects.
  • Try to get the puppets working as well as possible before creating too many scenes. It is hard to go back and retrofit them. Create quick mocks of many scenes to identify problems (like bad arm bends etc).
  • I never update a puppet in a project once i have created a scene there. If I need to update the puppet, I export it, then reimport it (so a copy) and edit the copy. Once it is used in a scene I want to keep and I need to make another change, I move on and create a V3 of a puppet. Changing puppets I found can damage existing scenes.
  • I create multiple shorter scenes and export as video. I keep the scenes, but keep the videos as well as software updates can change the rendering of a scene later - so I keep both to be safe.
  • I assemble the video clips as prem pro at the end.
  • I would avoid multiple people working on the same project if you can. It is fine to upload and share if you need to, but only one person must edit at a time. As they get bigger and bigger over time, I don't find it a practical approach.

But being clear on what "clean up work" you plan is most important. E.g. cleaning up audio processing is fine - audio files are generally small. Cleaning up a scene is hard - I would almost get another person to redo it if short enough (create a mock screen that is more like a storyboard if you have to). But that does not sound appropriate for you. I think get other people to combine video clips, adjust sound levels, add titling, etc. They can help improve puppets. But don't bother trying to get other people to help editing your scenes. I think that will be too hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines