• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to stop walk cycle up and down movement?

Participant ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

One of the resons why I am not sold on the character animator walk cycle is the up and down movement, it look really robotic and I cant find a way or setting to stop it.

Is there any way to control that? I really dont like it, it's to harsh and unrealistic. I do all my walk cycles manually where I can ease the movement to make it suttle depending on the character.

Could this be an addicion on a near update? Control smoothness and strenght of up and down motion?

Best!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can make a bit of a difference is the relative positioning of the handles for head and neck. Just a suggestion of something to experiment a bit with.

I personally don’t use the walk cycle often, but that is because I don’t have side profiles of the puppets I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines