• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to structure side view correctly?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made my puppet using the chloe puppet structure....I am a beginner. I want to learn how to build the left and right side profiles so i can program them with the walk behaviour i tried and my puppet keep falling apart. Im not understanding the hierarchy too well.

Screenshot (21).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put simply, to do profiles you introduce another grouping layer and copy everything that needs to turn so there is a separate copy per turn. E.g. The root of the puppet might be “+Chloe” and under that you immediately put the full body profile layers (“+Left Profile”, “+Frontal”, “+Right Profile”, etc). Each one have a fully copy of the whole hierarchy of artwork.

So you have to get each profile all hooked together (attaching children to parents etc). The puppet you shared did not have that extra level of hierarchy in the puppet. I think you need to add it under “+Bugs”. That is create “+Frontal” group under “+Bugs” and move your Head and Body under Frontal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thank you i will try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i did that and it was going good until i went back into Character animator ....now the arms are detached from the body ,the triggers turned orange, and my controls went blank... i know i sound like a complete rookie but i am in character animator   ....can you help?Screenshot (22).pngScreenshot (23).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you introduce the additional layer in your puppet, CH loses track of all the triggers, handles, sticks, draggers etc. The path to everything has changed - it thinks you deleted the puppet contents and inserted something different.

You have to do it - there is no choice if you want profiles - but it is a pain. The only way I know how to fix it is to rig it up again. E.g. In the rig hierachy, you can drag the layer for a trigger over the orange trigger - that will link it back up. Hopefully the trigger names are the same as the layer names, so the triggers are normally not that hard to do.

For draggers, sticks etc - its a matter of adding them back in yourself. You can do “undo” to get them back, but it will be messed up because the artwork file changed. Basically you are going to have to learn how to do all the rigging - or start from a puppet with profiles up front. But I would recommend learning the basic principles. Its not that hard, there are several tutorials around, and I think you are going to need to understand it at some stage.

Here is one example tutorial series from a respected, well known, high profile, highly intelligent... (okay, its something I threw together in case useful to others): https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/10/22/project-wookie-a-beginner-youtube-playlist/ . Your puppet is more advanced already, but it goes through sticks etc. The fast forward button is useful too! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are also the Adobe videos by the way, linked to from the forum home page. But they are only useful if you want high quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i got everything rigged and it seems to be working fine but the only problem im having is when i walk you see a gap between the arms and body and it looks weird. I staple the arm to the body, set sticks, and try to place tacks, but it still does it and it does it worst when i walk left rather than right. I have one walking behavior so idk how to adjust left and right arms individually .

IMG-0277.JPGIMG-0278.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is the issue here:
Basically, the obvious way to tag the shoulders (while tagging wrists and elbows on the arms) doesn't work. The shoulder tags should be tagged on the body and the arms attach to that.

We realize that's confusing and hope to make it less so at some point, but haven't yet.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you take a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy. Click on the upper arm layer - I would like to see what the attach to proprry is set to. I recommend auto, the arm origins should be green to show attached.

Walking ng works by ch dragging the tagged handles around, so it any are on the wrong behavior this can happen, or if arm attachment is not right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines