• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Tween between poses in Character Animator CC (Version 2.0)

Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have a Frontal View Puppet that I would like to Sit/ Jump/ Walk bent-over.

If I provide Key frame poses every now and then, is it possible to get Character Animator to "Tween" between them, the way Flash used to do?

If so, could you please point me to relevant examples/ documentation...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Rajnesh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Is this beyond what draggers can do? Do you have examples of two pictures you want to morph between? The reason I ask is morphing between say a frontal and side view of a puppet would not work very well - the intermediate frames would look strange. If less radical changes, then you can certainly record draggers moving parts of the body around,, and you can do quasi keyframes as well using blends. (You can record the new destination then blend from the old to the new location to get a smooth line

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this beyond what draggers can do? Do you have examples of two pictures you want to morph between? The reason I ask is morphing between say a frontal and side view of a puppet would not work very well - the intermediate frames would look strange. If less radical changes, then you can certainly record draggers moving parts of the body around,, and you can do quasi keyframes as well using blends. (You can record the new destination then blend from the old to the new location to get a smooth linear motion). There is also the walk behavior, but it works with side views not frontal = frontal is harder because should you see the bottom of the shoe when it lifts up the foot to take a step forwards? There is frontal foreshortening which CH is not good at.

The most common solution for side views is to do frontal, left quarter proiflile, and left profile views by hand. You can add extra ones, but the auto-head turner based on web cam only supports a few angles - you would have to use triggers for the rest. Then you just flip between them.

But generic full on morphing is not supported. But there are often ways to solve particular problems suing “creative” approaches. I do walking towards the camera by doing a closeup on the torso so you cannot see the legs - just bob the character up and down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that was very helpful.

I'll try it out with draggers and blends and get back with the results. I'm new to CA so it will likely take a few days...

Regards,

Rajnesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines