Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How well prepared should I be to start animating

New Here ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new here and I am starting an animation project, but I want to make sure I am prepared so I don't hit a roadblock by creating character reference sheets, writing scenes down and collecting reference photos for accuracy, and what the bigshots at Disney and Dreamworks do before they start their animations. At what point am I prepared enough to start animating?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i first started i wrote up a blog. https://extra-ordinary.tv/2017/12/04/project-structure/

It might have some useful thoughts, but i was no expert when i wrote it!

I would try out Character Animator to understand what it can and cannot do - the more advanced scenes or effects. Once you start, you cannot change things so much and keep it consistent. So better to get the puppet worked out pretty well with dangles etc. But you can create new versions as you go with extra capabilities, so not end of the world

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the advice. I will check out the blog and try out the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines