• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I broke my puppet's mouth / visemes

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disclaimer - graphic artist here and total newbie to Adobe C.A., so please excuse my ignorance and feel free to reply in very simple terms.  I have an Illustrator puppet heavily modified from a template, then imported to CA.  I've been "editing original" multiple times for a stupidly long time. Had face and lip sync working great through it all.  It is a machine face, so I needed to change out the mouths, and did so in illustrator - just modifying/changing the graphics on the existing (working just fine) layers.  This worked fine for default mouth, so I went ahead and did the sad mouth, and somehow broke the camera/live lip sync capabilities.  The only visemes (in default or sad mode) that show when recording are my modified versions of the neutral, smile and surprised visemes (which I understand smile & surprised are camera triggered anyway, not lip synced).  Other characters (Adobe templates) lip sync to camera just fine.  I've gone through other templates (that work) and compared their layers & settings to mine and fixed/adjusted settings to match the working templates - matched up rigging so my normal mouth group is visible (has eyeball) as is the neutral viseme, and the other visemes are not.  All of the layers are named correctly and are tagged with the correct sound tag & the Mouth Group is tagged - but still it is no-go.  Oh, and audio is fine I believe - the mic icon is blue and the green bar indicates audio levels are being recieved.  

So is there a a hidden “Break Lip Sync” check box somewhere I hit by accident?  Or perhaps the magic “fix my screw-up?”  Don't really have a saved working version to retreat to, and would hate to start over. 

Any thoughts on possible causes/fixes?

TOPICS
Bugs , How to , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everything's seems fine to me. Perhaps it's a bug?

Other thing you can do is to delete the current puppet from Ch project and reimport it. I face similiar problem before (body position is not where it supposed to be and I did not mess up the transform behavior at all) and it worked for me.

See if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines