• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't even know HOW TO DESCRIBE this problem - the black disappears in my puppets arm!?

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an original photoshop puppet and for some reason, when I am moving my puppets hand over its own arm - the black outline disappears on the hand/forearm. I've tried going back into the original photoshop file and cheking to see if there is an issue with the layer and I can't find any problems. Has anyone else encountered an issue like this? 

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

I have had the problem with illustrator. It was caused by having lots of layers in the artwork. When the same mesh (no independent layers) overlaps itself it has to decide which sub layers go in front and which behind. I think I solved it by grouping the hand artwork in one child group and the arm in another. I had to chop the artwork up a bit. But then I could put the hand first so it's always in front. (I did not make it independent, just ordered things so hand artwork came before arm artwork)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the problem with illustrator. It was caused by having lots of layers in the artwork. When the same mesh (no independent layers) overlaps itself it has to decide which sub layers go in front and which behind. I think I solved it by grouping the hand artwork in one child group and the arm in another. I had to chop the artwork up a bit. But then I could put the hand first so it's always in front. (I did not make it independent, just ordered things so hand artwork came before arm artwork)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chopping the arm up into segments (shoulder to elbow, elbow to wrist, wrist to hand) and ordering things so the hand would be on top worked! Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines