• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I duplicated puppet and changed her looks. The changes are showing in rig but not in record.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the video on how to export an entire puppet, thus duplicating it. So I:

1. Exported the puppet which created a new .puppet file

2. Opened a new project, named it.

3. Imported the .puppet file, which brought up a copy of the original puppet but as a duplicate that could be changed without effecting the original puppet. It also coppied my rigging.

Here's the problem.

The rigging works I press 8 (my custom command) and she clicks her fingers. 1 and she winks, etc.

I then click on the duplicated puppet to edit the puppets looks a little without changing her layers or rigging.  I change her hair but use identical layers and layer names used in the original. I change her eye size and color, but again keep identical layers and names. I make some more tweeks.

The result. When I create a scene and drag my edited puppet in with her new red hair - she doesn't reflect the changes I made in Illustrator; she's still brunette for example. But when I click on rig -- It shows all the illustrator changes.

Is there a way to get the edits that are showing in rig - to also show in record (on a duplicated puppet with duplicated rigging)?

TOPICS
Bugs , How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which puppet is in the scene, the original or the duplicate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The duplicate, which was duplicated according to adobe official video instructions, was in the scene. And again, you could see the changes in rig, but not in record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines