Copy link to clipboard
I was working on a character animator project.
While trying to use the Automatic head movement based on audio feature.
The system froze and I had to Ctrl-Alt- Del to end task and restart the Application.
Upon trying to open the project. I got the error posted in the screen shot.
- Looks like some lock on a file, or something. Is there a way to fix it.
- I followed the path, listed in the error, to the master file in the head directory.
Can some dev, or support person tell me, if there is anything i need to be able to turn off, in the file, to get it to release the lock, so that the I can gain access to the project again thanks
I was able to fix the issue. It had to do with a temp master.lock file which Charater Animator created, which unfortunately was not unlocked, after the crash.
Let me post my solution here:
I had to navigate to CH Data -> repo.noindex -> refs -> heads.
Inside that folder, i found the Master.lock file.
I delted it to release the lock, or whatever was blocking the application from proceeding normally and it worked.
My reasoning for doind this action was:
- Under normal circumstances, there is only a Master file.
- The Master.Lock file seemed like an unknown ,(probably created by some temp process, for database lock)
- Eliminating it, returned things to normal and the project now opens.
-NOTE: This maynot work for other gitlib errors. It seems pertinent only to Master.Lock file.