• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm having trouble with adobe character animator

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i am trying to follow the steps on the videos and i am not understanding what i am doing wrong. I just want to get the program to recognize the movements i want to incorperate on my character. I put the plus sign on all the body parts and animator is not recognizing it. I am just curious as to what i need to do in order to get eye lids correctly and also how i can get the pupils and mouth to work properly. If there is a way i can attach the file and you can see for yourself first hand what i did wrong i'd appreciate it. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Feel free to ask specific questions here and can try and work through them one by one. Putting "+" symbols everywhere is not the solution and can often cause problems. You should only put them on layers where you want the movement of the layer not to affect the parent. E.g. "+" (independence) on eyelids is common for cartoon puppets.

To share your puppet, there is an "export puppet" menu item. It creates a "*.puppet" file which you can share via Google drive, dropbox, etc. I don't offer to fix puppets very often, but will have a look to make suggestions of things to try. Screenshots of the rigging hierarchy of the puppet often helps as well.

But I would start with one thing (e.g. mouth), get that sorted, then move on to the next. Eyes are probably the most complex part of the puppet, so if new, I would start with the mouth as its simpler. Once mastered, move on the the eyes. (Or if impatient, have a read of https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/ and see if it helps)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines