Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need 3D Characters - Businesspeople

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

New to this so I'm still finding my way round.

I need 3 - 5 characters which are ready to go in Character Animator so I can create some very short pieces to add to a training video. I'm a trainer not an animator but I've used iMovie a lot so I am familiar with the timeline and how the tracks interact.

What I'm not familiar with is character creation, so I'm looking for a source so that I can simply import them to Animator and then animate them using the facial mocap.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would look for someone selling pre-made puppets. There are a few, but GraphicMama is the only name that comes to mind right now. Google search is your friend! Anything else will require you to learn rigging etc, which you can do, but will require more time investment than just buying an existing puppet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that! I have actually found GraphicMama already but it’s good to have it confirmed as a decent source. I downloaded a couple of free ones to test and it’s really good. The only issue I had was that they were different sizes and when I’ve searched for how I can change the puppet size all the instructions come back with changing the screen size, fine if only one is in the scene but when they’re both in it that’s no good.

Is that something you know how to do?

Thanks again

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the proportions are different, the puppets wont necessarily look good together. But if its just the relative size then you can use the Transform behavior "Scale" value to adjust the size of the puppet in the scene. I normally do this regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s brilliant, thank you so much. That also lead me to positioning and some other elements as well so I really appreciate that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you checkout our puppet store too. ElectroPuppet.com

There are front facing 'Presenter' puppets, as well as simple 'Flat'versions that have head turner and walk ability. Both have business people. If you have any issues, we are always here to help.

https://www.electropuppet.com/adobe-character-animator-puppet-store/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines