• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need advise for trigger animation (CH) Character Animator

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand trigger and behavior but is it possible for a character to have a slide up animation and hold still on the last layer and return back down. I got the pop up the trigger, and a slide up animation but it doesn't hold the last layer. How can I improve this? I want them to gradually go up and have a pause on the last layer until I release, and go back down.

trigger.PNGtrigger2.PNG

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you would set the “reverse” flag and “hold on last layer”. Then the cycle will play when you press the key and hold on the last frame, When you release the trigger it will go backwards through the layers. ai think that will do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show me? If you can. I don’t  Understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don’t have access to a computer for s few days to try it - but in the properties of cycle layers ther are settings some where to play cycle forwards then backwards (i thought it was called reverse).

Oh, the manual! Adobe Character Animator Help | Control puppets using behaviors

scroll down cycle layer.

hmm, ok, i would only put one cycle layer there - you seem to have two? try removing one until working, There are two checkboxes in the puppet properties - forward and reverse, hold on last layer. Turn on both checkboxes. Ah, they are in the screen shot you provided,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines