I need Help rigging

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (61).png

I need help rigging my puppet...I want it to walk.I have the jeans and shoes on a seperate layers....i watched a youtube video saying they should be merged onto one layer so i can add a walk behaviour with bone tool but  is there a way to add a walking behaviour to my character when the leg and feet layers are seperate? im trying not to change the layer setup too much because everything always end up messing up (rigging) and i dont want to get stuck again so can somebody show me how to make my character walk left to right and i dont want to start from scratch i want to add from where i am.

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not good at English.

So I may not have understood your post exactly.

I have modified your puppet a little.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4cnpf4zd2641lk/edit_Blank.puppet?dl=0

Use the "→" cursor key on your keyboard to walk from left to right.

1) If you want your puppet to walk from left to right, you need to design the direction of the feet to walk.

2) I made a few changes to your PSD file.

3) I separated the left and right feet: Left_foot Right_foot

4) I tagged each foot with a tag.

5) Added walking behaviors.

I hope this helps you.

スクリーンショット 2021-01-23 22.42.39.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but what happen to all of the hands that i had with triggers will they still work if i program them back...and i wanted to be standing facing foward then be able to walk left and right...Can you do that for me?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I can't help you.
I hope others will give appropriate advice.

Thank You.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thank you

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the desire to avoid re-rigging, but i suspect it will generally be less work to re-rig if the puppet structure is wrong. Otherwise you will end up with lots of other problems that are worse than the re-rig effort.

Regarding whether it is necessary to merge layers or keep them separate, the hierarchy is very important. You can have separate layers, but nesting is often something you must do the way ch wants or else it does not work. Note also that is is the position of independent layers that normally is what really matters. Each independent layer starts a new 'mesh'. It is the mesh hierarchy that actually matters more in terms of nesting (most of the time...).

In terms of profiles and walking, normally what you do is create complete copies of at least the body - some do head and body. It may be possible to do only the legs - not sure, never tried that. I suspect the arms will not look good while walking if you do not duplicate them per profile.

That means you would need to have 3 copies of the arms and hands - left/right/standing. That also means if you want the trigger for different hand positions to work across all 3 profiles, you need to say create a swapset and triggers on the standing profile, then add the left profile and right profile hand layers to the existing triggers. That way the triggers actually change all 3 profiles at the same time (allowing the body to stop walking or change directions and the trigger keeps working). So i suspect you will have to resign yourself to redoing the hand triggers. Once you do it a few times it becomes pretty fast to do.

So I suspect your best bet may be to start from oshiro's puppet and add the hand triggers back in if they were lost. Feel free to share screenshots and ask questions here too.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

very helpfull....thanks much

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines