• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I tried using the auto blink behavior on my puppet. But I couldn't get it to work.

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the auto blink behavior on my puppet. But I couldn't get it to work. For my blink I am using cycle layers to make the blink more realistic. Is using a cycle layer blink the problem? I am going to play around with it and put in a regular 1 frame blink to see if that is the problem. But I would really like to keep the cycle layers as my blink because it looks better. 

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cycle blinks should still theoretically work with auto blink if set up correctly. If you turn auto blink off, do the blinks work normal with just webcam blinks? I would play with the cycle layer settings to make sure they are working as expected with the webcam first and then add auto blink. If it's still not working, please File > Export > Puppet and share it as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) so we can take a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I sometimes put a trigger on the blink layer so I can control blink start (press and hold key) and blink end (release trigger key) to make sure the blink holds the last layer etc correctly. Some people did not get the hold on last frame right so it started the blink then disappeared for example. (I found this easier than using webcam blink detection. For some reason whenever I close my eyes, I cannot see the screen very well any more...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines