Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Idependent floats head not independent deforms head

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a big problem, one Ive been struggling for weeks

A rig Ive been trying to put together keeps giving me the same issue over and over and over. 

The rig its complex and needs to move not only do head turns but also turn its body around, have walk behaviors or leg animation, facial expressions, in essense as much as it possibly can. 

Ive been using another rig that is very comparable but even when I try to follow it to the lette it still give me issues. 

the problem is with the head when set on independent it just wobbles around on its own and when independent is taken off it completly deforms

due to nondisclosure I cant show you the actual rig but Im putting an edited version with some drawn up examples to illustrate the what is gooing on. 

Would greatly appreciate ANY assistance. 

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something I noticed is that, when not independent, its as if there is something holding part of the head rig back . as if there was something was grabbing part ofthe mesh and trying to keep it in its original position

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess is there is a stray handle that a behavior decided to use. If you turn the yellow mesh icon on in the scene window, then move th character around, sometimes you can see where on the face it's getting stuck. Eg mouth, near eyes, etc.

What i sometimes do then use export the puppet and import it into a new project (so do not damage the original) the. start deleting one part of the face in rig mode at a time (a layer tree) until it starts working. That narrows down the area where it's getting stuck. The undo to get it all back. Between the mesh and deleting things it helps narrow down the search space.

Once you know it's the nose or mouth or eyes, can then investigate the behaviors that control that part of the face. If you expand the handles and views section of like the Face behavior, you can see the path to layers and handles it bound to. Things getting stuck is usually due to behavior conflicts trying to control the same thing. But if you can track down if face or mouth or eyes etc that would be a great first step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wow! so many typos! on mobile device sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines