• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator file keeps shifting position in CH after I save it.

Enthusiast ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I created a video in English, and now I am working on creating it in Spanish.

When I go to the illustrator file and I change anything in the file it seems like things "move" on me and the drawings get shifted a little bit in the Character Animator program.

I had drawings / objects out of view from the main screen, but suddenly you can see tips of the objects inside the screen. 

It seems like I have to re-position a lot of items after doing some minor changes to the Illustrator file. 

This can get to be a pain because just changing anything from the Illustrator file can shift a lot of items in the Character Aminator programs from things that were already done. 

Is there a way in which you can safely change something in the Illustrator file without having things out of place in the Character Animator program?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Yeah, this one is really annoying. I *think* if you change the bounding box of the artwork, it recompute what it thinks the center is. So changing things in the middle is fine, but if you add a new line or text that extends the overall size of the artwork, it recomputes the new center.

The only solutions i can think of is to draw a big rectangle, larger than the text you ever need so the bounding bod does not change, or create a new puppet for the changes and just hide the old english text in th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this one is really annoying. I *think* if you change the bounding box of the artwork, it recompute what it thinks the center is. So changing things in the middle is fine, but if you add a new line or text that extends the overall size of the artwork, it recomputes the new center.

The only solutions i can think of is to draw a big rectangle, larger than the text you ever need so the bounding bod does not change, or create a new puppet for the changes and just hide the old english text in the original (hidden things are still a part of the bounding box for the original). 

But it is definitely annoying. You can drag the origin yourself, but it's not worked great for me either. Never changing the bounding box of artwork already in use is what i do myself - e.g. by being careful where i change the artwork, or creating a new puppet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

That worked.

Who would of known that?!   I figured a 1920x1080 Illustrator drawing was gonna match exactly with CH.

So I just drew a 1920x1080 empty square and put it on top of all the other drawings, and magic! everything fits just as in my Illustrator file. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW...

That shfting movement was also a pain to deal with in my previous video as I was changing things in the Illustrator file, and then I go back to CH and I had re-fix things that were previously done....  I had no idea of "what I did wrong?"... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines