• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator or Photoshop effects not showing in Character Animator Project

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an image in Illustrator and added an ocean ripple Illustrator effect.  This effect does not show up on my image in Character Animator.  I attempted to use a Photoshop Effect instead, but still no dice.  The blending options available in rig mode are limited.  Is there a way to make the effect show up?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all features are supported. Character animator I think only works with static images.

This is where after effects is often useful with character animator (or prem pro). Using dynamic linking or exporting a video with transparency (alpha channel) from CH you can use AE or PP to create the final scene. So other tools are used for dynamic parts of the scene that CH cannot support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, if you share a video clip of what you want (what you did via illustrator) someone may be able to suggest a CH equivalent. Eg breathe behaviors might be able to be used to animate water up and down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful suggestions!  I will try layering an effect onto the recording via dynamic link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

You can merge the layer and the effects together which will then update in Character Animator. Or a smarter way to work would be to convert the layer and its effects into a Smart Object so they are merged together but still editable, then your effects should show up in Character Animator.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi headTrix​, do you know if that works with all CH unsupported Illustrator features (or which ones)?  Sounds like a very useful technique if so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alan,

I'm not sure if it works with all features.... but my ASSUMPTION would be YES..... since its then read as a flattened layer!

Hope that helps!

cheers!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I will certainly give that a try next time.  Probably would help with my files sizes as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines