• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator problems with Ch 2020

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Ai puppets are not importing in Ch 2020, some recommend using Legacy Ai files but these are acting up too.  Is it better just to switch to the previous version of Ch (2.1.1) until the bug is fixed?  Also I'm concerned that when the bug is finally fixed any Ch puppets saved in Legacy will have to be rigged again.   Thoughts?   

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific about what's acting up with legacy formats? When the problem is fixed you shouldn't have to re-rig anything as long as the art, layer/group names, or positions don't change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks, I was having trouble with the stand / walk positions, both puppets were duplicated and visible when they shouldn't be.  I've rigged numerous puppets and never had this problem but maybe I need to check again.  Are there any downsides or limitations (ie behaviours etc) to doing a puppet rig in Ai Legacy?      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think you'll have any issues. All you're saving to the file is vector values, color and blend mode info, and names. You likely could go back even further and have no issue, but obviously there's no need to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines