Importing to premiere doesn't import the animation correctly

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i'm really struggling here... After trying to save as video via media encoder and getting the "Media encoder does not recognize the source" error message, I tried to go the premiere import route. But When importing to premiere it seems to import the .chproj file differently each time I try, and every time the animation is no good - it's missing and skipping frames. I give it time to buffer but it stays the same (not that I could find any indication for the buffering status...).

Also, I tried exporting my character animator project to a png sequence, expecting to also get a .xml file to use in premiere (read that that's something that happens), but I didn't get any .xml.

Would really appreciate your support. I have used ToonBoom in the past to create animations, and was thrilled to hear about Character Animator when the Beta came out, but it seems to be useless for me at the moment if I can't in any way save the animation...

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Thank god for After Effects . My Character Animator scene imported to After Effects works well. From this point there should be not problem exporting as video I assume. That said, it is a shame I couldn't find a direct way to import a scene created in Character Animator to Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you found a workaround.

With Premiere, importing the chproj into your project panel as a dynamic link is the recommended way and should work. If it's skipping frames and buffering, you may need to turn your preview resolution down to lower to keep up. Also, when you export PNG + WAV, it does create an XML file as well - it will be at the top level next to your group of files. So if I export something as "Test," it will make a test.xml next to a test folder with my PNG and WAV files.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if using Digital Juice anims....i had to download .mov and alpha as separate files. Then i was able to import to premiere. When alpha was combined to .mov as one file, i couldn't import it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines