• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing .Wav File for lip sync

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need info on importing character audio takes.
When I import .wav files created in Audition, Ch closes before audio is analyzed for lip sync. I've tried this over and over and over again. I've followed all tutorials I can find on the subject. What the heck am I doing wrong. 

Recording from timeline works perfectly as a side note.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Got it to work by re-installing the OS. Thanks for all your help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the latest version of Character Animator (now 3.1?)  We should never crash.  If you are on the mac, can you post your crash log or DM the file?  Can you import the .wav file into Character Animator and simply play it back without crashing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1, didn't seem to make a difference. I decided to download a sample file and insert a .wav file with the same result as with the charater I'm working on. I'm wondering if it's a setting in Audition that Ch doesn't like.

Heres a couple links you can look at. It doesn't show program crashing but it does. 

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A1fd53799-e66a-4938-9005-469f...

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3Addbddc47-d89f-471d-8e00-3675...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't look like the application is crashing.  Here's a tutorial for executing the "Timeline->Compute Lip Sync from Scene Audio" command.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ObBEXwiS_s

Let me know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess we have a different interpretation of crash.  To me when a program closes on its own that's a crash. Right now I've messed around trying to get it to work to the point Ch won't even open. I'll be forced to once again delete all the files pertaining to my puppet and bring in the Ai file and re-rig it for the, what seems the hundredth times at least. I did notice on the clip you suggested, and I have seen it before, that he just highlighted the .wav file and not the puppet. I'll give that a try after I go through all the setup.

Thanks for your response,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see the application closing on its own in your video.  Can you post a video of that happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to send you the whole project. Don't know if that will work but we'll see. As far as seeing it crash, nothing to see it just closes. Then of course since Ch loads the last project, it will then close before the project opens until I delete the .Wav files.

https://adobe.ly/2Eb1Kkv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the File->Copy Media Files into Project Folder, then quit Character Animator and zip up the parent folder than contains the .chproj and Ch Data folder.  Send that along and I'll figure out whether I can reproduce and fix the crash.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'm anxiously awaiting 

https://adobe.ly/2RSnUQN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to open that project and Compute Lip Sync.  I sent you the result in a private message.  Not sure why your application is crashing.  Can you find a crash log on the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bow down to your greatness. That worked perfectly. However I just deleted the audio and visemes from the file you sent and same ol same ol, closed up as soon as it tried to create lip sync visemes it closed I call it crash but whatever. I'll just do it the hard way from the timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious... is the Character Animator project folder on your main drive or a secondary drive?
Also, is that drive being backed up or synced? If so, if you copy the project to a folder that isn't actively backed up or synced, does the Compute Lip Sync command work any better?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be willing to enable crash dump file collection and send us the file?  Here's a link to what's involved:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/wer/collecting-user-mode-dumps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This website is kinda like Ch, takes some getting used to. 

Anyway, 6 or 8  months ago when I first found Ch and decided to create a character to include in a movie I'm making of a trip to the Mediterranean we took last year. It's been a struggle, to say the least.

Originally the product folder was stored on a stata drive, then I got the idea to install a 250 GB ssd drive dedicated to the movie. Everything was moved to this drive. The lip-sync issue doesn't work on either drive. 

Working with you I started saving everything to the default folder C: documents and I noticed last night is auto backed up on one drive,

Interestingly,  I upload the character to you, download it and it works perfectly.

As for the dump file. Just following the link you sent me and reading the instructions gives me a headache.

In spite of that, I went to registry and of course mine is missing the local dump key here's a pic of registry

Reg 121319.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the changes to the registry, I guess it's correct maybe the application string is wrong. Anyway, I went to Ch added a .wav file to the file you worked on and it crashed. Like I said it's not a crash in what I've experienced over the years Ch just closes after trying to complete the process of creating lip-sync

Dump 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unzipping this, then double-click it to add these registry entries.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3drlu4acrszfty6/EnableCrashDumps.zip?dl=0

Then, next time it crashes, the crash dump will be put in this folder:  %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps  You can get to that folder by typing %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps in the address bar of explorer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it to work by re-installing the OS. Thanks for all your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the latest

https://adobe.ly/35R0rUe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like this may be related to your camera.  Does it matter whether the camera is enabled or disabled when you perform the compute lip sync from scene audio command?  If so, you may have a bad camera driver.  If that's the case, you can try to uninstall the driver, then unplug the camera, reboot and plug it back into load the microsoft driver.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines