Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

improve performance of CH

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone !

I have a puppet wich is a very huge file.

Someone have some tricks to boost CH performances ?

actually the file run in 5 fps instead of 24

my config is :

i9 9900K

GTX1070

32go ram

Thank you per advance !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format file? If photoshop, maybe rescale the image so its smaller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's Photoshop,

i've rescale (divide by 2)

doesn't work + of course lose in quality. Weird thing is the performance of the computer are not even close to be fully use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t have my computer with me - any options in CH to turn off the GPU and see if it goes faster? How many cores does your machine have?

But I don’t know how to make it faster - just grasping at straws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thanks a lot to be interessted in my problem alan

I search in CH but whereas AE, the "preferences" menu is really empty

my CPU have 8 overclocked core...

I search on the forum and found an 2017 OkaySamurai topic with same problem and conclusion that we can't improve without dropdown quality of the file, (flatten layers or change size). The problem would be more important on PSD file whereas Illustrator's files.

Hope it will be correct in a future maj ! this amazing software deserve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall there being settings when you single click on a scene. There was a dpi setting that can be adjusted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean this indication ?

as you see it is setup on 24DPS but only can show 11.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, and sorry - my computer is in another state at the moment so I cannot check. My recollection is if you single click on the scene in the project panel (typically on left), it would show the scene properties (over on right). I thought there were some settings there you can change.

Trying to search with Help I could not find exactly what I was after, but if you look at Record and playback scenes in Adobe Character Animator CC  and search for “Playback” there are a few sections that *might* be useful. (But I think that is talking about changing the playback rate etc to help with debugging, which is not quite what you are after.)

You can see the fps (frames per second) of a scene, but you don’t want to change that just for preview as it affects the timings of cycle layers etc too. So you cannot change it later for the last render without messing everything up. I thought there were some settings (like DPI) that you could change and change back safely...

Either that or my memory is faulty. I will try to remember to look when I have access to my computer again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It also runs slow in my computer without the CPU or RAM being fully used, with the camera disabled and a very simple puppet that's just three Photoshop layer groups on top of each other (for face, eyes and mouth) with no rigs, deformations or anything.

My computer does meet the minimum requirements. Maybe it would go smoother if there was a way to disable the preview window (and other non required stuff that may be going on) during a streaming session (just minimizing the window doesn't seem to help).

Maybe something like this could help with the performance too: Puppet App Player – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines