• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal error code: Attempt to index a nil value

Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally entered a negative number in the scale variable in the transform panel, and got an error message that won't go away.

If I click OK, it comes back again. I managed to get rid of it by pressing escape quickly and then X-ing out the negative scale value.

Error message: "Internal error code: (1380437316:71+4) attempt to index a nil value".

ch-internalerrorcode-nilvalue.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a known issue - any time I get this I roll back changes (usually in the History panel) until it gets fixed. Hopefully we can make this a little clearer / smarter in the future. Yeah, nil value basically means some number is messed up somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This Nil Value just happened to me on a project about 12 minutes long, it happened while punching in camera triggers. all was fine, then it just kept happening even after rolling back several times. it seems for now only way around it is do a few steps, sving. closing the app. reopening. repeat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you might be using a version of Character Animator before 2.0? If so, can you try rechecking in Version 2.0?

If the problem still exists, please send us a copy of the puppet so that we can diagnose the issue. (Select the puppet in the Project panel, choose File > Export > Puppet and enter a file name, then send us the .puppet file that gets exported.) You can send us a shared link via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. Either post the link here or send a direct message.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines