• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal error code when opening Puppet Maker tool

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am new to Character Animator. When I try to open the Puppet Maker tool I receive the following error: 'Internal error code: (961804122:272+32) Found scenePPath() doesn't match expected ppath'. 

I tried installing and re-installing and downgraded to different versions to see if the issue would persist. It did. Could it be Dropbox Plus? As all of my files are backed up there. I did unsync the documents folder, where all Adobe Characted Animator files are saved automatically. If you think it is Dropbox, is there something else you think I should unsync in order for Puppet Maker to work?

I cannot think of any other reason for this. If anyone knows or has opinions, I would appreciate your help 🙂

Many Thanks,

Delia

TOPICS
Bugs , Crash , Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CH definitely does not work very well with files stored on servers. It prefers everything to be local, so DropBox could indeed be your problem. Try moving things (including your defaults) to a local drive and see if that fixes things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and I don't have any files in the cloud but I have Charter Animator installed on my D drive instead of my C drive could that be an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not heard of this being a problem. Maybe one of the more technically inclined folks can offer more insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I reinstalled it on my C dirve and I am still getting the error so it must be something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is only happening with Puppet Maker everything else is working fine in  CH  and I have the minimum requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post here or DM me the contents of:

PC: %LOCALAPPDATA%/Adobe/Character Animator/<Version>/Puppet Maker

Mac: /Users/<name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Character Animator/<version>/Puppet Maker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also told this is fixed in the Beta version if you want to try that (see Beta apps on your CC Desktop app). It will be sent to the shipping version in the next major release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've tried puppet maker on CH Beta but puppet maker still doesn't seem to work any ideas why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens? Do you get an error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this errorScreenshot 2022-10-10 181105.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this message on CH BetaScreenshot 2022-10-10 181454.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things:

• Try holding down SHIFT while opening Puppet Maker to clear your cache.
  • If that doesn't work, take a closer look at your user documents folder - most likely there is a permissions issue of being able to write files there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried holding shift but it didnt work it came up with an error message that reads...Screenshot 2022-10-11 172217.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for trying - so my best guess now is that it's a permissions issue. Even with clearing your cache you're seeing an error message, for a different file than before. That says to me that there's a write error - Puppet Maker needs to be able to create files in that folder. This should help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yio0IYrZhtw

If that doesn't work, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soo much i can finally use puppet maker 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I tried modifying the permissions and flushing the cashe but no luck.
I am using Character Animator 24.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2024-03-16 055456.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines