• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid Surface Image

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today 2 of my characters stopped working in their scenes.  When building new scenes they come up with the same error.

INVALID SURFACE IMAGE

Any advice on getting these up and running again.

Screenshot 2019-08-12 12.01.25.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Have you tried the scene refresh button? then try with ALT pressed as well. The two arrows in a circle at bottom of scene panel (might need to click the >> icon to reveal in your screenshot). Otherwise mention Dan Tull in this thread. He might recognize the error message,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the scene refresh button? then try with ALT pressed as well. The two arrows in a circle at bottom of scene panel (might need to click the >> icon to reveal in your screenshot). Otherwise mention Dan Tull in this thread. He might recognize the error message,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! ALT refresh worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you happen to have your original project *with* this error, we'd love to get our hands on it. PM me if you still have it.

Thanks,

Dan R.
CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure if I still do after I fixed it. What files do you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd need the entire project folder. Opt/Alt + Refresh will rebuild cache files and once this has been done, the "bad" cache files aren't there anymore, so we'd need the project with the problem.

That said, it's possible we've already fixed this bug internally, so if you're able to send me the project with the problem, that would be great, but if not, that's OK.

Oh, Save As will strip the new project of some data we'd need, so unfortunately, it really would need to be the original project.

Dan R.
CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dan,

Im having the "invalid surface image problem".  I'm at the very end of a major project and the client asked for 1 small tweak but I cannot open the project because of this issue. Is there any way you can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines