• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is anyone else getting an Internal Error Code when trying to import a background into Ch 2018?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, All. One of my backgrounds (created in Adobe Illustrator) now no longer works in Character Animator when I drag it into the Timeline. The screenshot below pops up when I attempt to do this.

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.16.26 AM.png

I tried to re-import the file, and I've tried renaming and saving the background file in Adobe Illustrator and then importing again, but still get the same results. I've tried importing different AI files, and they work, but can't get one in particular to import.

I am on a Mac running Sierra version 10.12.6 and am running the latest versions of Adobe CC apps, in case this information helps get to the bottom of my query.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found this is usually a temporary issue because something got out of whack.

Look in your history panel and try clicking back several steps (click like 3-4 up from the bottom) and try again. If that doesn't work, go back further and try again. Restarting CH may help too. What I've found is that sometimes I do something that CH doesn't like (usually some numbers aren't lining up as it would expect) and see this, but it's usually easy enough to remedy. Let me know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid none of that worked.

I even tried starting a new project in CH...I could import all the puppets I needed, but when it came to the background...

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 12.49.02 PM.png

I guess there is something about the particular Ai file Ch does not like...is there a remedy for this? It worked in Ch Beta, but now doesn't like this one file.

Thanks for your help, Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does your AI file include a link to an EPS or TIFF file? If so, could you resave that linked file as an AI file and link to that version?

If that doesn't work, would it be possible to send us a shared link (via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) for that file so that we can diagnose the issue further? You can send it via direct message if needed. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines