• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to open Character Animator files without Character Animator

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was planning on creating a set of puppets for other people to use in various livestreams, but am worried as to how to share this content. The biggest question (apart from how exactly I'd share these files) is if its possible to use said files without Character Animator since I don't expect most streamers to have that application.

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Hi, 

You need to have Character Animator installed in order to use a puppet file, so they would have to have the Creative Cloud suite.  The only way to do something that anyone could use would be to pre-render some clips of the characters you've made for the streamers to cue up in OBS or whatever software they might use, but that wouldn't have lipsync or follow their actions on camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

You need to have Character Animator installed in order to use a puppet file, so they would have to have the Creative Cloud suite.  The only way to do something that anyone could use would be to pre-render some clips of the characters you've made for the streamers to cue up in OBS or whatever software they might use, but that wouldn't have lipsync or follow their actions on camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines