• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it safe to update to latest version of Ch in the middle of a project?

Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subject said it all. A new version of Ch just came out. I'm in the middle of a project. Is it safe to update?

Martin

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being a cautious soul, I would not upgrade if you don't new the new features until the end of the project. There are a small number of issues, but have not heard anyone say "the sky is falling". If you make a backup of your project, then you can always re-install the old software afterwards...

But if a big project finishing soon, I would wait myself. But then again I would probably say nothing rather than recommending you upgrade and take the blame for things going wrong! Lol!  I like the new camera controls....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, in other software and situations, I would, if at all possible, wait till I'd finished what I was working on. But some of the new features would really hasten my workflow. Plus, I'm working on a serial that my never end. Plus, I've been off Ch for a while and am sort of putting myself through a refresher course. Seems to make sense to do that on the latest version.

Everything in life is a gamble,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines