• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to completely isolate the mouth movement, using only the information gained by the "audio input"?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've completed the mouth sync using "compute lip sync from scene audio". No more mouth animation needed, and have therefore deselected the "lip sync" function on the puppet properties panel.

But the mouth continues to pick up information (it moves) when the "Face" camera input is selected.

Is there a way to completely isolate the mouth movement, using only the information gained by the "audio input"?

Any help appreciated! Thanks, Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Okay, here is the designed workaround straight from the Ch team.

Remove the smile and surprise tags from those mouth shapes, and there will only be the neutral mouth except when there is audio to record. So after those tags are removed, the face and lip sync behaviors can both be enabled. Just put the audio into the timeline, turn on both the camera and mic, and record.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the mic turned off, and the mouth strength set to zero?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply

Yes. Mic off, and the mouth strength set to zero but still the mouth shapes are triggered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after playing around with this a little, here's what I found.

Even with lip sync disabled the mouth still responds to the camera, such as surprised, or smile, and it will record those mouth movements. But, if the audio lip sync has already been recorded, either directly or using the timeline compute function, then the video mouth movements do not appear during that previously recorded audio lip sync duration in the timeline.

Seems strange to me, and I don't see a way around it except to edit the unwanted mouth actions out of the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of what I was trying to describe. The first is recorded from video with the mic and lip sync off, and mouth strength set to zero. No audio. The surprise is showing. The second has audio recorded with lip sync on. The surprise mouth is not showing where the audio is. It seems to make no difference in which order the audio is added.

Surprised.gif   SurprisedA.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply

The "surprise" mouth shape doesn't seem to appear as an editable element on the mouth timeline. So unless there is a letter shape on the timeline then the "surprised" mouth shape will be triggered by the camera, regardless of lip sync being on or off. Tricky trying to explain this on text!

I solved it by replacing the surprised mouth shape with the default. It is a cheat and not a proper solution, as I lose the "surprised" mouth from my options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, here is the designed workaround straight from the Ch team.

Remove the smile and surprise tags from those mouth shapes, and there will only be the neutral mouth except when there is audio to record. So after those tags are removed, the face and lip sync behaviors can both be enabled. Just put the audio into the timeline, turn on both the camera and mic, and record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok awesome. thanks KJerryK... and the magical Adobe CH support team in the sky!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines