• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to copy dangles/handles and apply them to other layers?

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the midst of creating a puppet that has a 3 view walk cycle and also all 7 head turner angles. The character has a TON of hair's, unique eye features and a few other variables that I need to basically copy to all 7 heads and then all 3 views of each 7 head. I realize I'll likely have to set dangles/handles/behaviors and so forth to 7 heads individually, but I'm wondering if there is a way to simply copy those attributes and past them into the other two (Right Profile/Left Profile) views, since they are identical layers anyway?

Secondly, I'm getting some mild distortion on the chin-area of the head during the walk cycle which has a "Neck" handle at the base of the head image and without the little crown icon. I think it's just one step I'm missing to fix that but can't seem to figure it out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try using “duplicate” from the edit menu, but I don’t know how to copy it all per profile.

Have you tried moving the neck handle lower on the body? Sticks along the jaw can help too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooh, very close. The duplicate button did duplicate the layer, but the program prevents you from moving it to another view for some reason.

I have tried moving the neck handle significantly lower, but the same squishing/distortion is visible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try putting sticks along the jawbone? Could you share a screenshot of the puppet and where you put the sticks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure when it was added, but you can copy and paste handles from one location to another. I do this frequently when I want to tag a location where I use the "Auto" Attachment Style. e.g., I want to tag the shoulder on the body layer, so I copy and paste the origin handle of the arm to the body, then tag that new handle "left/right shoulder".

Just Cmd / Ctrl + C/V should work.

Dan R.
CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines