• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there anyway to stop the puppet from reverting to default position when playhead stops?

Participant ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see the puppet in the pose that I put him in on the timeline without having to move the playhead only to see his actual pose in that spot. I discovered that this is somewhat possible by deactivitaing the triggers behavior in the scene but then I cannot change swapsets or use more triggers until I activate the triggers behavior which then makes the puppet again revert to their default pose.

Am I missing something very simple to just see the puppet as they have been posed on the timeline without moving the playhead or deactivating the triggers behavior?

If anyone has a suggestion please share it as this is causing many mistakes and redos as I work on trying to improve the puppets' performances. Thank You!

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be annoying. One trick was to use two behaviors (e.g. add two dragger behaviors) and then after recording with the first one, disable first and enable the second dragger behavior for recording. That way it keeps showing the old dragging positions. A bit of a hack, but can be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you replying. I mostly use swapsets with layer cycles to try and get more accurate control of the performances. Is there a way to make your method work with this instead of the dragger behavior?

Also, if there is no way to see the perfomance in the timeline without moving the playhead or disabling the behaviors, I wish this could be somehow implemented in a future update. Often times, I feel like I'm not sure what the puppet is doing at specific points and what I need to add especially if there are lots of layers with short movements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines