• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there noticeable difference running Character Animator on the latest Intel cpu's vs an AMD cpu's?

Participant ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am planning a hardware upgrade soon and was wondering if there was specific performance reasons why Adobe recommends "Multi-core Intel processor with 64-bit support" for Character Animator? If so are there any plans to optimize Character Animator for AMD cpu's as well?

Thank you

TOPICS
FAQ , Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hybrida,

I am not sure there is much difference between an AMD and Intel multi-processor. I have used both in the past and for me it has been a price issue. It should be noted that CH is GPU intensive when you render your files. Adobe Premier on the ither hand is CPU intensive. Adobe is expecting your system to be 64 bit and multi-core.

I hope this helps. Be well fellow puppeteer - Platty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Multi-core Intel processor" part is talking about the cpu so 8core i9 say..where "with 64-bit support" is your operating system (windows)

I upgraded to AMD 3900x from intel i7 7700k (old cpu tho) at the start of the year and the change is huge, I used to click on a layer when rigging in CH and it would take forever..sometimes 30secs to respond...my productivity was terrible now there is no lag/slownest going on feels like real time..I recommend AMD 100%..my gpu is only a gtx1070 so if you were to get the new rtx3080 you would be laughing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering my question. I am now considering an AMD cpu for the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will look into what gpu is good for work and fits my budget.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hardware upgrade only improves performance when your old machine was very out of date (duo core) , but once you get an 8 or 12 core with a good gpu and lots of ram... You'll quickly realize that CA has a bottleneck issue.  I can't get more than 20 fps with 12 core, 64 gb ram, 3070 gpu.

Character animator is a single core software. I cap out at 20% cpu, 15% ram, 15% gpu. Pretty ridiculous honestly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines