Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with feet while walking

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am exercising with puppet creation and rigging. I got this vectorial character free online, distributed parts of the body in the relative layers of a .ai file. Then I imported it in Ch and rigged it. As you can see, feet do not work properly, although I think I have tagged ankle, heel and toe handles correctly. Here the project:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EoDLuwO2A1_Ap1NXLwFFDq-DVw8xEpDx/view?usp=share_link

Thank you for your help!

Max

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I rigged the puppet for the motion library by making sure that the body, limb IK and motion library behaviors were in the root of the puppet. Lo and behold, the puppet seems to work better. I am not sure where you had those behaviors before, so there is likely a duplication. Even so, there is much better response from the walk behavior as you can see in this video. I don't believe I made any other changes. 

(Added a background for clarity). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Roo54q9VhAF8gHaSv3ePiQ-7RV8glBKy/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks TheOriginalGC,

actually I was not using the Motion Library behaviors, just the Walk behavior. If you press right arrow to make the character walk you get that weird feet distortion. I also see now that, with the several Walk possibilities included in the Motion Library, the animation is better. But I'd like to know if I rigged something wrong in order to get that weird distortion with the simple Walk behavior. Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the main thing was putting the Body, Limb IK and Motion Library behaviors in the root layer of the puppet. That changed how the feet reacted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines