Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with pinning the puppet

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello creative people.

Having an issue pinning a part of my puppet and cant figure out what the issue is.  I want to pin the web so the character is swinging from that anchor point and it doesnt seem to reconigze it.  Whether its independant or not.

Screenshot (265).png

Screenshot (266).png

Also if i make it independant...

Screenshot (267).png

I noticed when i select the head, a number of green pins appear and this may have something to do with it.  Is there anyway to move these if thats the issue?  Thanks!

Screenshot (268).png

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Thank you for the help!  I ended up putting a dangle on the web and rotated the puppet 180 degrees in OBS.  That worked well enough for me.  Thanks again for all the great tutorials OkaySamurai!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The green dots are where independent layer/groups are attached. So like the green dots you see on the head around the eyes are where the two independnt eye groups origins are (dotted line circle you should see if you selected either eye group).

Yeah, for something different like this I feel like it would be a trial and error process, but in general I would 1) make sure the fixed handle is on the Body group, and 2) drag all full character origin handles to this bottom point to be the origin for rotation - the Body & Blank origins in particular. If you see it bending somewhere else, it usually means there's an origin there. I talk about this a little here: https://youtu.be/CEJEVBHl0EE?t=219

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help!  I ended up putting a dangle on the web and rotated the puppet 180 degrees in OBS.  That worked well enough for me.  Thanks again for all the great tutorials OkaySamurai!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines