• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with rigging copies of Magnets unit by Dave Werner

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First. Props to Dave for all his great work.

I was doing the Magnets tutorial and downloaded the .puppet file to work on. When I created a copy of the Fish Arm component to rig from scratch it failed to work, even when I created a new scene. I found that the arm failed to drag. I went over the rigging line by line, layer by layer and it simply wouldn't drag.

I created my own arm puppet from scratch in illustrator and was mindful of the hierarchal relationship required insofar as the dynamic collidable magnet object (the fish or, in my case a ball) had to be the parent of the arm grabbing it. I created a new scene with my own new puppet and voila! it worked just fine; however, I wanted to experiment with the nesting of layers and see how it effected behaviour and, of course, I found that the behaviours were rendered inert. This is where it gets interesting. When I re-rigged the copy of my original puppet, the arm of this puppet lost its draggable behaviour even although I created a new scene, incorporated it in the original scene, etc. I went over the rigging in excruciating detail and made sure all behaviours were consistent, yet, the dragging feature seems to be lost when a copy is made. I even deleted all the old rigging and re-rigged but to no avail.

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if a solution was found.

@DaveWerner If you produce another video on magnets would you mind discussing the importance of the hierarchal relationships required with the dynamic collide magnet parent.

Thanks a heap to everyone.

TOPICS
Bugs , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?