Issues with rigging....I think.

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! Working on a human character and I was working on getting the character to walk using the rigging techniques from an Okay Samurai tutorial. Something went horribly wrong when I started implementing the walking behavior (see photos). I looked into the mesh view and handles to see if I misplaced one but I am still unsure about the laws(?) of how CA works and am having trouble finding the problem. Any help would be great! I undid everything but now the character will not return to a normal position in the recording page (even if I delete and re-import the character). I think it has something to do with the rigging on the head and torso.

2019-06-12 09_42_14-Jacqueline – Adobe Character Animator 2019.png2019-06-12 09_42_40-Jacqueline – Adobe Character Animator 2019.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can be useful is in the mesh mode in the scene view while walking, it should show the points that are being stretched so badly. That can help identify the handles that are being dragged.

In a nutshell, walking is CH moving multiple handles for you (instead of you using the dragger). If it moves the wrong handles (e.g. thinks the ears are a foot) then you get “interesting” behaviors like this. So the idea is to identify which layers have the wrong tags.

Including the puppet rigging heirarchy can be useful. But what I would suggest doing is clicking each layer one by one and checking the tags on each layer - are there any unexpected ones? That can cause lots of hair pulling out otherwise. Just expand all the layers in the rigging hierarchy, select them one by one, and look at the tags. (I prefer the text view of tag names - when you click the “A” icon - I find them easier to spot that way than the default graphics view.)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, a common problem also if the “Head” and “Neck” tags are too close to each other. Give them a bit of distance as the neck expands and contracts a bit.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you post your file(or PM me the file), I'm happy to take a look.

Dan R.

CH QA

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines