Issues with Transform (Rotation)

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've built a couple puppets in Illustrator and imported them into Character Animator; the blue puppet is permanently in right profile, and at certain points in the animation, I've used Transform to rotate her head so she looks upward or downward - I found this just worked better for my purposes than using Head Turner behaviors.  You can see the Rotation keyframes in the screenshot (for the blue puppet.)   

Puppetproblem.png

When I manually drag the current-time indicator over the keyframes, I can see her head rotates up and down nicely-- I've added dangle physics to her hair, and I can see that moves as well.  But when I actually hit play or record, her head doesn't move at all, like the keyframes aren't there.  At best, it rotates down slightly and just freezes there for the rest of the scene. It doesn't rotate in After Effects where I've linked the scene, either. 

The frustrating part is, I've done the exact same thing with the purple puppet, and his head rotates just fine!  Every keyframe shows up when I hit play. I've used all the same settings with him.   

I can give more info if needed, and any help at all is appreciated. Has anyone else had a similar issue?   

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using rotation with key frames makes complete sense. If it moves a bit and then stops indicates one of two things to me. (1) a bug, (2) is there another take or recording for the same property that is overriding the take with keyframes? Could you expand/enlarge the timeline panel and include the full panel in a screenshot? Just looking to see if there is another take obscuring your keyframes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines