• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It is possible to exclude a puppet form the scene camera?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm setting up a larger moving shot and I plan to have a count down timer in the corner. Was wondering if there a way to keep it static without having to manaully match it move for move. 

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Camera , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any way to do it all in one scene. I don't think you can exclude puppets etc from the camera.

Ideas:
  • Have two separate scenes, one with the timer/clock, one with the characters.
  • The time/clock does not have a camera - no panning etc
  • Generate a video file with alpha channel (transparency) for the time/clock scene
  • Use Prem Pro to layer the separate video files (put the timer on top of the main content)
You can also use something like After Effects to layer the separate timer on top. You can get fancy with dynamic linking etc. My little laptop goes too slow for this personally. I would use the separate video file (with alpha channel) myself.

The other approach is to do old style camera panning - you don't pan the camera, you move all the puppets in sync instead (except the clock).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending upon how you are animating this, applying a position based walk cycle keyframe may give you what you are looking for. The idea is that the position based keyframe will basically pin the item in place as long as you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might regret mentioning this because nested scenes have a few caveats and are not a high traffic scenario, so it might also result in you hitting bugs, but here goes.

You can create a new scene that contains the scene in which you are using the camera and the timer puppet, positioned as desired. The scene camera will affect items in its scene and the timer/counter (in the outer scene) will be unaffected by it.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course! Silly me! I had tried the nesting, but nested it the other way around! The camera on the outer scene moved the inner scene as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines