Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting an error after upgrading to character animator 4.0

it says:

"Character Animator has encountered an error."

"Javascript memory error: Ineffective mark-compacts near heap limit"

and then it will crash, this has happened numourous times now on a brand new project. Not doing anything different than I normally have been doing before update and playback is unusually choppy where it wasn't before. Just started a 4 week project, any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

TOPICS
Bugs , Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this with a particular puppet? If so, is it possible to share your File > Export > Puppet to take a closer look (either here or DM me)?

Or if it's all puppets - even the example screen ones - can you please post your OS & general specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your speedy reply!

so far it hasn't happened again with different characters/project file, so it does seem to be tied to a specific character (scene has 2 characters so not sure which one is causing it or how to find out)

I am under NDA so unfortunately I probably shouldn't/can't send anything but haven't seen this error before/on forums

if it happens again I will likely need to ask permission from the client to send anything

sorry, I know, not very helpful for troubleshooting on your end but thanks again and I really appreciate the reply/help, just curious if anyone else has ran into this error. 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines