• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jaw movement for surprised and smile mouth

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there such a thing? I have a Character who opens her mouth wide, when shes surprised and smiles with a lot of teeth. While her jaw moves with every word she says, I cannot move the jaw when I only make mimiks on my cam. Do I have to draw a whole chin for those two, or is there another way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned the jaw moves with every word you say... is it a nutcracker jaw?

If not, I think you just have to draw a layer with s full larger jaw like you say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a standard jaw movement you can add, since I think 2.0 (You of all might know ). That's the one I mean. The chin moves with every letter, when speaking, but not when changing between normal and surprised mouth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know that was in 2.1!  DanTull​, could this be a bug or “feature”?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The smile and surprised mouths are handled by the Face behavior while the jaw movement support was added to the LipSync behavior.

The smile/surprise triggers are a bit of a forgotten feature. Since it is just two expressions, I think a lot of folks with sophisticated puppets just use custom triggers for all expressions instead. I'll pass this along internally, though. It does seem like they could have jaw movement options to be consistent with the mouths.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DanTull ,

did this feature request ever receive enough internal support to add?  

thanks!

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, it looks like this idea fell by the wayside. I don't see any changes or new parameters added along those lines.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines