• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jaw Moves Rest of Body

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create puppets from scratch, but I can't seem to overcome the jaw issue. When the jaw moves, the body moves with it.When I use the premade Blank puppet, there is no such issue. I've compared Blank with my puppet, and I can't see a different. It must be something simple I've overlooked, but I can't find it.

Since I'm making animal puppets, it's kind of tedious just m modifying Blank. And then, my animals are still called blank.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try making the head independent from the body.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue here is that the body and head are on the same mesh, so any handle movement will affect the entire thing. I would recommend the following:

1. In PS/AI, create a group called +Character or +Animal or whatever. This group will contain your entire puppet. This is handy for a variety of hard to explain reasons(ease of adding a background, etc.)

2. If you want the head to distort without the body distorting, you need the make the head independent. Or alternatively, you could isolate the lower part of the face(e.g., jaw) onto an independent layer.

3. Assuming you make the entire head independent, this will fix your jaw issue, but create a new issue where the facetracking will move the head independent of the body. You fix this by attaching the head to the parent group and tagging that handle with the Head tag. I've attached a simple example for you. You will need to change the extension from .chproj to .puppet for this to work. The forum does not accept zip or .puppet files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've circled where you make the attachment of the Head group to the handle on the parent. I also added a 2nd Face behavior so you have separate control over the Head's tilt from the facetracking and the body's. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines