Keeping Limb Placement and Position After Moving

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I keep the Limb Placement and Position of my puppet after moving it in the scene?  I imported a puppet to my scene, but his resting pose isn't what I would like it to be.  So I've been adjusting the pose with handles.  Everytime I set the new pose I would like, it returns to the resting pose and position once I go into recording.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Dragger Behaviors there is a setting for "After Move" that is set "Return to Rest." Change that to "Hold in Place." so that the limbs always stop at whatever position you're using. (see illustration).

However, it is important to know that if the puppet ever gets reset, through rigging or whatever, then the limbs will return to the default positions in the original. The only way to adjust that is to adjust the limbs in the original PS or AI file.

HoldInPlace.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much!

Fiona Lincke, M.Ed.

5th Grade Teacher

LAUSD Virtual Academy #5

Email: fml5844@lausd.net

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines