Layers now showing?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am new to character animator and can't figure out how to show the layers of an imported illustrator file. This is what I see:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.14.47 PM.png

Each of the strokes in the background are on their own layer but I can't figure out how to show them in the bottom timeline to manipulate each layer like this image below 

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.16.52 PM.png

(taken from this video )

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to animate them separately, you probably want to create separate puppets for them. Ch is for animating characters - you create a new puppet per character to animate. You can animate parts of a puppet, but the intent is the parts are generally related to each other. It is not animation software designed to animate each layer of one file independently. That is not the right mindset. Just create separate files and import them separately. Then you will get a track per file (each file forms a separate puppet).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree- I thought that what he did in the video was a pretty interesting approach as, like you said, it's not meant to be used in this way. Thanks for the advice!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those are two different timelines - you show Character on the top and After Effects on the bottom. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines