• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

legs stretch and body doesnt move

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with my legs stretching and body Swaying back and forth in the opposite direction of my head. I was watching some videos on it and had the body moving correctly but then i tried to fix other things and now it stopped moving.  My arms are bending a little crazily but i feel like if i find the right spot on Arm IL I can get that right, but the other 2 issues  I am stuck on. Thanks in advance

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a mesh icon that puts yellow triangles over the puppet in the bottom of the scene panel. It you turn that on, my guess is you will find a point on the puppet is fixed near the neck. so when the top of the head goes left, the bottom goes right. Something like that. Turning on the mesh might make it clear where that point is. Otherwise please share some screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked and didnt see anything, but I am fairly new to this so maybe im not looking correctly so here are some screenshotswith meshwith meshwithout meshwithout mesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I was not clear. In the Scene panel (not the Rig panel) there is also an icon to show the mesh. The second screenshot you provided is the scene panel, but you did not turn the mesh icon on. If you turn it on in the scene panel and move the puppet around, you might see a spot in the mesh that does not move (it will look like the mesh got nailed to the wall - it wont move, but everything around it will). Sometimes that gives a clue where a problem is.

Frankly I don't understand all the rules even after using the product a long time, so there is nothing like trying to get a hint to where the problem might be, then try fiddling things until it works. Not very scientific, but if you get it solved then who cares! Lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines